You have questions. We’ve Got Answers.
Your PremierGarage Franchise FAQ Guide
We invite you to watch this video from our Chief Development Officer, Jonathan Theissen, that addresses the franchise FAQs we get most often from people in your shoes. You can also review the the questions and answers written below. If you don’t find what you are looking for, just contact one of our Franchise Consultants.
Do I have to be a designer or handyman?
No industry experience is necessary. PremireGarage is a true management-focused business model with immense potential and growth. Anyone who can use a laptop can be taught to design very quickly using our software, and most franchisees hire a designer and/or sales consultant. Installation isn’t difficult to learn either, but if you never want to do it, you never have to. Most franchise owners start with one or two installers so you can spend your time managing your teams and running your business.
What type of background do I need as a PremierGarage franchisee?
Among PremierGarage’s independent franchise business owners, you will find individuals from all backgrounds and work experience. The best candidates are usually entrepreneurial-minded individuals that are goal oriented with business, sales and project management experience. You should be comfortable in hiring and managing employees. While this can be done on a smaller scale with one territory, most of our franchisees will want to hire a salesperson, designer, and team of 1-2 installers at minimum.
How many employees would I need to run my business?
Our franchise profile ranges from small organizations to large executive run outfits. In a smaller organization, franchise owners may choose to involved in several aspects of the business, however, should hire employees including sales consultants, designers, and installers from the start. Often times our franchisees start in a home office, or rent a small office, along with a small warehouse space. As the business grows, they move into a larger office, showroom, or retail space allowing for a larger warehouse. As the staff grows the owner tends to focus mainly on management and marketing/lead generation. The majority of our franchisees do not install the product themselves. As reported in a recent survey, 38% of our franchisees have 5 or more employees.
How are PremierGarage franchise territories defined?
Each PremierGarage franchise territory encompasses 75,000 households, minimum, defined by zip/postal codes. Most are over 100,000 households. Territories are protected, meaning there is only one PremierGarage franchise per territory.
What type of training will I receive and what about on-going support?
PremierGarage provides 3-weeks of start-up training followed by a year (minimum) of outside P&L/business coaching by an outside CPA firm.
Does PremierGarage offer any support after I open my business?
Our Franchise Support team is made up of men and women with a combined 60 years experience in the industry. Support for the franchisee begins immediately after the completion of training, including but not limited to design and sales webinars, an annual convention, and regional meetings and more.
What are some of PremierGarage’s most competitive advantages?
- Design Software: Our proprietary 3D design software allows consumers to actually see before they buy.
- One Stop Shop for the Garage: Homeowners can purchase a combination of garage cabinets, shelves, Slatwall wall storage systems, overhead racks, Smart garage solutions, and custom garage flooring options to meet all their needs.
- Shop At Home Convenience: We provide shop-at-home convenience that saves consumers time and money.
- Exclusive Brands & High Quality Products: We offer exclusive brands to ensure unique custom looks, and the highest-quality products and materials that produce beautiful, lasting results.
- Locally Run Business: The advantage of being a local business with national support, which builds confidence.
- Competitive Pricing: Our group buying power provides competitive pricing, making us available to every homeowner.
- White-Glove Installation: We provide white-glove installation by expertly trained employees.
- Lifetime Warranties: We have excellent lifetime warranties on our work and products.
- Customer Service: Our franchise owners provide dependable customer service that translates to complete customer satisfaction.
Who is PremierGarage's customer?
- Residential Demographic: The PremierGarage customer includes homeowners, property owners and renters who need solutions to better organize their garages for additional space, and flooring solutions to improve durability and the aesthetic.
- Commercial Business Demographic: PremierGarage commercial clients rely on our expertise for maximizing workspace, increasing storage and improving organization, as well as installing industry-tough flooring that is low-maintenance.
Aren’t PremierGarage’s products a “want to have” vs. “need to have”?
The reality is that a lot of homeowners do not have the ability to buy more house as their needs change, so they’ve determined that they must get more organized in their present space. At the same time as the population ages and the need to downsize occurs, organization solutions become very important in order to fit their belongings in smaller spaces. The garage sector in the home improvement industry is one of the fastest-growing areas as people recognize the physical and mental benefits of needing more space and being better organized.
What is the initial investment?
If you are interested in buying a PremierGarge franchise, your initial franchise fee is $74,950 and you’ll need approximately $110,270 in working capital for tools, equipment, marketing and more.
Become a Franchise Owner In One Of The Hottest Industries Today.